Piab has a wide experience in various applications and industries, from pick and placing small candies to large heavy boxes. They also aim to reduce your energy consumption and improve your working environment.
As a reliable partner to many of the world's largest manufacturers, Piab develops and manufactures a complete line of vacuum pumps, vacuum accessories, vacuum conveyors and suction cups for a variety of automated material handling and factory automation processes.
- Metal Sheets
- Powder & Granules
A modular suction cup that fits most machines and that can be optimized for handling almost all materials. piGRIP’s different lip types, optimized for various products to lift, ensure the right hardness/softness and sealing capability for your material.
Combined with the firm bellows, piGRIP is stable enough to handle faster accelerations and more high speed lifts as compared to traditional cups.
Vacuum Gripper System – VGS
Piab’s decentralized Vacuum Gripper system, VGS, is a product solution integrating high quality suction cups with COAX cartridges.
- VGS makes selection, sizing and installation of a vacuum system much easier. Design and dimension mistakes for the vacuum system will be avoided.
- You will enjoy the benefits of a more efficient and reliable vacuum system.
- Increased machine speeds can be achieved thanks to faster response times with the vacuum source right at the cup and better initial vacuum flow which will grip the object faster.
- The decentralized approach provides safety with one vacuum source per suction point and it also eliminates flow losses in long vacuum hoses, making maximum use of energy.
Decentralized Vacuum System
A decentralized system is designed to have the vacuum pump/cartridge placed directly at the point of suction.
- Lowest energy usage
- Fastest cycle time
- Safest product handling
- Independently working suction cups
- Most consistent/even performance
Centralized Vacuum System
A centralized vacuum system is designed to have one vacuum source for multiple suction points.
- Easy installation
- Easy vacuum sensing and controls
- Light end-of-arm tooling
- Simple filtration options
- Some loss in system performance due to distance
Vacuum Pumps & Generators
Piab offers a style of Vacuum Pump or Vacuum Generator to fit any application. Styles include inline, compact/stackable, standard, extra safety and chemical resistant.
Kenos Vacuum gripping systems
Kenos is a leading brand for large area vacuum grippers. It is designed and optimized to be used in various applications e.g. packaging, wood, food etc. The product group represents a flexible solution for the handling manipulation of several products with different shapes, dimensions and compactness. Most of the gripping systems can be equipped with integrated vacuum generation or suitable for separated vacuum generation (Pump or Side channel blower).
3D printed Customizable Bag Gripper (CBG)
The CBG is a configurable 3D printed gripper for handling pouches and bags (nothing else). A special developed configurator tool makes it possible to tailor-design (custom make) a vacuum gripper for a defined bag or pouch in a very simple way.
- piGRIP FDA approved suction cups for bags/pouches.
- COAX SX12 vacuum cartridge, special version for dirty/dusty environments. Always one per suction cup.
- Automatic quick-release function, one per suction cup.
- Ports for vacuum sensing.
- One common connection for compressed air.
- Possibility to send a signal in case of crash.
- Stabilizers for suction cups as an option, useful in high speed applications.
- High end 3D printed material, FDA approved as an option.
- Connection for “zero position“ pin/needle.